situated in South West Donegal
Muckross Head Peninsula has breath taking views of Ben Bulben mountain in County Sligo, Croagh Patrick in County Mayo and Slieve League County Donegal, the highest sea cliffs in Europe, just a 15 minute drive from Ocean Spray B & B.
The tranquil setting of Muckross Head makes it an ideal location for artists, birdwatchers, photographers, writers and fishing. Muckross Head is home to large numbers of breeding sea birds and wintering geese and amongst its rarer inhabitants is the Red-billed Chough.
Muckross Crag is a popular location for rock climbing with unique rock formations and about 50 climbs of all grades.
At low tides, one can access the back of the headland and view the cave formations caused by erosion throughout the years.
- Muckross Head is a truly unspoiled hidden gem on the Wild Atlantic Way and well worth visiting.
- Sunsets and sunrises here are stunning.
- There is a car park and several footpaths that lead along the edge.
- There is no admission fee.
- Muckross Head is walking distance from Ocean Spray B & B.
ÉIRE meaning Ireland
This peninsula has two beautiful beaches. The "Trá Lobhair" translated from Irish to "beach of the noise" is a popular surfing beach and "Trá Bhán" translated from Irish to "white beach" has a car park, toilets and is ideal for swimming and bathing.
Both these stunning beaches are only a 5-minute walk from Ocean Spray B & B.